Eric Majchrzak is a shareholder and chief strategy officer of BeachFleischman PC. He joined BeachFleischman in 2012 and is responsible for the firm’s overall strategic growth initiatives, including innovation, service line development, M&A, joint ventures, institutional firm branding, market alignment, client satisfaction and marketing. He is a professional services marketer and has 25 years of executive marketing and business development experience. He has been acknowledged as one of the accounting profession’s pioneers of digital marketing and social media. Through thought leadership, published case studies, instruction of courses and speaking engagements, Eric has helped educate and guide the profession toward digital transformation.
In 2018, he was inducted into the Association for Accounting Marketing’s “Hall of Fame” and was the recipient of the “Bruce Marcus Lifetime Fellowship” award. He was acknowledged for his contributions in disrupting the way accounting firms practice marketing and was credited with helping lead the profession into the social media age. In 2015, he won the prestigious “Marketer of the Year” award, presented by Inside Public Accounting at the Association for Accounting Marketing’s Annual Summit and AICPA Practitioners Symposium & Tech Plus conference in Orlando, FL. In 2011 and 2010, he was named by the editorial team of Accounting Today magazine as one of the “Top 100 Most Influential People” in the accounting profession. He was acknowledged alongside others making an impact on the profession, including: regulators, agency heads, congressional leaders, consultants and top CEOs. Eric is a past two-term board member-at-large of the Association for Accounting Marketing. He is an Advisory Board member with Thomson Reuters’ Checkpoint Marketing For Firms. He is an instructor at the Accounting Today Institute and a contributing blogger/author for Intuit’s Accountants Blog. He is also a faculty member of iShade, the nation’s leading online community for accountants and a faculty member of the 2013 Hildebrandt Institute/Thomson Reuters Social Media for Law Firms Conference.
He was previously the Director of Marketing for Freed Maxick CPAs (a Top 100 Largest Firm in the U.S.) and through Freed’s alternative practice structure with RSM McGladrey, he was one of RSM McGladrey’s Great Lakes regional marketing directors.
Professional Associations and Activities
- Advisory Board Member, Thomson Reuters – Checkpoint Marketing for Firms, 2016-present
- Contributing author, 2016 re-issue of the AICPA Social Media Handbook for PCPS members (original author, Michelle Golden)
- Advisory Board Member (Southern Arizona), Arizona State University’s Lodestar Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Innovation, 2017-present
- Association for Accounting Marketing – Website Committee, 2015-current
- Association for Accounting Marketing – SEO Sub-Committee, 2018
- Association for Accounting Marketing – Board Member at Large, 2009 – 2013
- Association for Accounting Marketing – Past Website Committee Chair, 2006-2009
- Association for Accounting Marketing – Branding Task Force member, 2012
- Winning is Everything Conference – 2015 AAM Marketing/Business Development education track task force member
- Ronald McDonald House of Southern Arizona – Branding Task Force, advisor – 2015
- Accounting Today Institute – Social Media Series, Instructor, December 2010 – Present
- iShade, Faculty Member, June 2011 – Present
- Faculty member of the 2013 Hildebrandt Institute/Thomson Reuters Social Media for Law Firms Conference
- Contributing Blogger/Author for Intuit Accountants
- Leading Edge Alliance, Member since 2003
- Upstream Academy Best Practices Conference, CPE Instructor/Speaker, 2011
- AICPA Practitioners Tech & Symposium, CPE Instructor/Speaker, 2011 – 2013
- Upstate New York Merger & Acquisition Council, Co-Founder
- Energize Your Enterprise Entrepreneurial Forum, Planning Committee Member
- Pathways to Entrepreneurial Success Forum, Past Planning Committee Member
- 2018 “Hall of Fame” inductee – Association for Accounting Marketing
- 2018 Recipient of the “Bruce Marcus Lifetime Fellowship” – Association for Accounting Marketing
- 2015 “Marketer of the Year,” presented by Inside Public Accounting and Association for Accounting Marketing.
- Named by the editors of Accounting Today Magazine as one of the “Top 100 Most Influential People” in the accounting profession in 2010 and 2011
- Selected by Twitter, Inc. to collaborate in the development of a professional services social media case study regarding Twitter’s promoted products platform (promoted Tweets)
- In 2012, he was named a contributing author and blogger for Intuit’s Accountant’s Blog and Newsletter
- Named one of Buffalo’s “Top 10 People to Watch in 2010” by the editors and reporters of Buffalo Business Journal.
- 2006 Marketer of the Year (Rookie Category)- Association for Accounting Marketing.
- Hall of Fame inductee – Association for Accounting Marketing.
- 2018 Recipient of the “Bruce Marcus Lifetime Fellowship” – Association for Accounting Marketing
- Marketer of the Year, Inside Public Accounting and Association for Accounting Marketing.
- AAM Marketing Achievement Award for Best Integrated Branding Campaign
- AAM Marketing Achievement Award for Best Integrated Marketing Campaign
- AAM Marketing Achievement Award for Best Advertising Campaign
- AAM Marketing Achievement Award for Best Paid Online Campaign
- AAM Marketing Achievement Award for Best Logo
- AAM Marketing Achievement Award for Best Website
- AAM Marketing Achievement Award for Best Multi-Media Campaign
- Marketer of the Year Award – American Marketing Association (Rochester NY Chapter).
- AAM-MAA Award – Best Public Relations campaign, Best Website.
- AAM-MAA Award – Best Website
- Buffalo/Infotech Niagara – winner of Social Media Award
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)–Buffalo Chapter- Gold Excalibur Social Media Award
- Leading BeachFleischman’s efforts with regards to business model transformation and value pricing implementation, working with consultant, Michelle River (Golden) 2016-present
- Advisor to product developers and managers with Thomson Reuters Checkpoint Marketing for Firms on the development of new social media marketing platform – 2014-present
- Working with the Accounting Today Institute, Eric helped to develop the industry’s first on-demand (self-taught eLearning) CPE series for social media.
- Developed a comprehensive search engine and social media inbound marketing program (2003-2018) that yielded over $6 million dollars in new client revenue.
- Named to Twitter, Inc.’s beta program in May 2011. The first representative of a public accounting firm to test Twitter’s promoted tweets platform.
- Launched ‘real-time’ Digital Facebook and Twitter Billboards in the cities of Buffalo and Rochester NY (2010).
- Google+ Beta member: In July 2011, became a beta member of Google’s new social network, Google+.
- Developed a first-of-its-kind content licensing agreement with an NPR radio affiliate, KJZZ-FM, Arizona News. Co-branded content.
- Beta program member – Phoenix Business Journal “Content Hub” – 2017
- Beta Tester – Clearview Social, social sharing tool – 2015
- Use of Wikis in the early 2000’s to syndicate content across the web
- Editor of DMOZ (Open Directory Project). From 2005-2009 as a volunteer editor, Eric helped develop the editorial standards for the DMOZ’s Accounting directory, which helped power the core services for Google’s directory and other of the Web’s largest and most popular search engines and portals of its day.
- 2019: Leading Edge Alliance North America – Tax SIG, “Social Media Tactics that Bring Instant Value”, Chicago, IL
- 2019: Moore Stephens North America – Marketing and HR Spring Meeting, Panelist “Path to Partner,” Seattle, WA
- 2018: Leading Edge Alliance Global Conference, Presenter “Content Marketing Strategy,” San Diego, CA
- 2018: AGN North America – Marketing Share Group, Panelist – “Path to Partner”, Portland, OR
- 2017: Arizona State University Lodestar Center – Nonprofit Effectiveness Conference,” panelist, Tucson, AZ
- 2017: American Marketing Association | Tucson – “Social Media” Panel Moderator
- 2017: AICPA ENGAGE Conference – “Career Positioning” – Presenter
- 2017: Northwest Business Forum – “CFO Survey” – Lunch Keynote
- 2017: Moore Stephens Alliance webcast – “Social Selling” – Presenter
- 2017: BKR Alliance – “Marketing Roundtable” – Panelist
- 2017: Tucson American Marketing Association – “Marketing’s Role in the Firm and the C-Suite” – Keynote
- 2016: AICPA – Digital CPA Conference – “The Digital Firm Marketing Plan” – Co-presenter
- 2016: PRIME Symposium – Inside Public Accounting “Most Admired Peers” -Panel Moderator
- 2016: Legal Marketing Technology Conference, San Francisco – Social Media
- 2016: ClearView Social – Webinar: “Meet May’s Digital Marketing Superstar”
- 2016: Accounting Success Podcast: “Marketing & Growth for CPA Firms”
- 2016: AAMplify Podcast: “Social Media Advertising to Your Marketing Mix”
- 2016: Thomson Reuters “How to Rock at Content Marketing” – Co-presenter/webinar
- 2015: AAM High Webinar – Co-presenter, “Why Should I Care about Content Marketing”
- 2015: AICPA Practitioners’ Tech/Association for Accounting Marketing Summit, “Developing a Niche,” and “Marketing 2020” – Orlando
- 2015: GroYourBiz – Phoenix Chapter, Twitter for Business – Lunch Keynote
- 2015: Legal Marketing Association (LMA) – Southwest Chapter – Keynote
- 2015: Oro Valley Rotary Club – Building Community – Lunch Keynote
- 2014: Greater Tucson Leadership – “Media Day,” featured speaker, Tucson, AZ.
- 2013 Arizona State Society of CPAs, Emerging Leaders Conference, Social Media for CPAs, Phoenix, AZ
- 2013 American Marketing Association (Tucson Chapter), “Executing Digital and Inbound Marketing Strategies,” Tucson, AZ
- 2013 Keynote Speaker, Hildebrandt Institute/Thomson Reuters Social Media for Law Firms Conference – New York, NY.
- 2013 iShade Faculty: Webinar – Accounting Marketer’s Guide to Making Partner
- 2013 Leading Edge Alliance (Marketing SIG), Effective Inbound Marketing Strategies, Las Vegas
- 2013 BKR International Alliance, How to Create a Marketing Culture/Accounting Marketing Trends (panelist), Las Vegas, NV.
- 2013 AICPA Practitioners’ Tech & Symposium/AAM Summit, Social Media Lead Generation (expert panelist), Las Vegas, NV.
- 2013 Women Presidents’ Organization (WPO), Social Media for your Business, Tucson, AZ.
- 2012 AICPA Practitioners’ Tech & Symposium/AAM Summit, Social Media Bootcamp, LinkedIn Strategies, Las Vegas, NV.
- 2012 AICPA Practitioners’ Tech & Symposium/AAM Summit, The Digital Business Developer, Las Vegas, NV.
- 2011 Upstream Academy Best Practices Conference, Social Media, Chicago, IL.
- 2011 Social Share Summit, Social Media for B2B, Rochester, NY.
- 2011 AICPA Practitioners’ Tech & Symposium, Integrated Marketing Strategies, Las Vegas, NV.
- 2011 Social Media Club of Buffalo, Social Media and B2B- Case Studies for Success, Buffalo, NY.
- 2011 Accounting Today Institute Webinar, Social Media Marketing for Practice Growth.
- 2011 Association for Accounting Marketing – Creating Your Brand Using Social Media, Webinar.
- 2011 Buffalo News Social Media Summit, Social Media for B2B, Buffalo, NY.
- 2010 MarketingSherpa’s National B2B Marketing Summit, B2B Social Media, San Francisco, CA.
- 2010 MarketingSherpa’s National B2B Marketing Summit, B2B Social Media, Boston, MA.
- 2010 Winning is Everything, Marketing Masters’ Panel – Las Vegas, NV.
- 2010 Maryland/DC Chapter of the Association for Accounting Marketing, Demystifying Online Advertising, Webinar.
- 2009 Social Media Today (SM2Day), Featuring Chris Brogan and Jeffrey Hayzlett, Professional Services and Social Media, Rochester, NY
Recent Publications, Books, Interviews & Podcasts
- “Accounting Marketing Doesn’t Suck Podcast” with Hugh Duffy, interview guest on the topic of “Innovation” (January 2019)
- “Sage Advice Podcast” with Ed Kless, interview guest on the topic of “Digital transformation” (January 2019)
- “Capstone Conversation Podcast” with Jean Caragher, interview guest, “Hall of Fame induction into the Association for Accounting Marketing”
- Book: Profiled in “From Success to Significance – The Radical CPA Guide” – Published Interview, authored by Jody Padar – 2018
- Book: Profiled in “Changing the Face of Accounting” – Published Interview, authored by Ian Welham, March 2017
- Book: Profiled case study in Social Media Strategies for Professionals and their Firms, authored by Michelle Golden – 2011
- AICPA “Reinforce your Brand with Social Media – 2016 ” – Co-Author
- AICPA Social Media Toolkit (2016 re-issue) – Contributing Author (Twitter Guide) – May 2016
- Inside Public Accounting – “Elevating Your Accounting Practice – Tapping the Expertise of the Nation’s Top Accounting Marketers” (Nov 2014)
- AZ CPA Magazine, November 2013 issue – Social Media for Business and Career Growth
- Cover of CPA Practice Advisor, August 2011. Cover Story article: “Going, Going, Gone…Mobile.”
- Featured in the national publication Success Magazine, July 2011, on “Tips for Brand Building with Facebook”
- Featured on Mashable for Innovative Social Media strategies for P.R., (April 2011)
- Profiled in Accounting Today magazine articles:
- “13 Tips for Modern Marketing” (June 2017
- Podcast: “Demystifying Marketing for Accountants” (Feb 2017)
- “Proposal Rescue” (Sep 2014)
- “The New Marketing” (Nov 2014)
- “They’ve Come a Long Way … Maybe” (May 2014)
- “Trends in Accounting Firm Marketing” (Oct 2013)
- “Social Media Tips for Professional Service Firms” (Oct 2013)
- “Measuring Marketing: Merging Art and Science” (May 2013)
- “Majchrzak Promoted to Shareholder and CMO” (Jan 2013)
- “Case studies: Mobile computing” (July 2011)
- “Bring mobility to your marketing (June 2011)
- “Beta tester of new Twitter promotion platform” (May 2011)
- “iPhone apps as part of mobile program” (May 2011)
- “NY job program tax with smartphone integration” (Jan 2011)
- “Meet now, measure later –Pioneering firms share insights into social media” (Mar 2010)
- “Accounting Today Podcast –”Digital Twitter Billboard” (2010)
- “Internet marketing: The water is warm” (Oct 2009)
- Frequent guest on WCEO radio’s “CEO Hour” on topic of social media (2010-2011).
- Profiled in dozens of other media outlets, including Buffalo Business First, AAM MarkeTrends, AICPA’s Insider ( 2010), Marketingsherpa.com (2010), and Chief Marketer Magazine (Dec 2010).
- Published in CPA Practice Management Forum: “Search Engine Optimization A Clear Perspective on a Complicated Process,” (2009).
- B2B Marketing
- Commercial Finance
- State University College at Buffalo, NY, Bachelors of Science in Business & Advertising, 1991
Blog Posts by Eric Majchrzak
BeachFleischman PC promotes Eisenman and Mattull to Shareholder
(January 1, 2019)