Julia Miessner is a Principal for BeachFleischman, and she leads the firm’s Financial Forensics & Valuation Services practice. Julia has worked in public accounting for over 25 years, and she has a diverse background in audit, accounting, tax, forensic accounting, valuation and expert witness services.
Since 2002, Julia has specialized in forensic accounting and litigation consulting services. She authors reports and provides testimony as an expert witness in various civil litigation cases involving marital dissolution, probate, trust accounting issues, lost profits and economic damages, and business valuation. Julia also serves as a court-appointed expert and performs work as a private mediator in marital dissolution matters.
Additionally, Julia conducts investigations involving allegations of financial mismanagement and fraud in civil and criminal cases. She is a Certified Public Accountant, Accredited in Business Valuation, Certified in Financial Forensics, and a Chartered Global Management Accountant.
Areas of Expertise
- Complex Financial Calculations for Employment Law Matters
- Forensic Accounting in Probate and Trust Issues
- Fraud Investigation
- Lost Profits and Economic Damages
- Marital Dissolution
Education and Professional Qualifications
- University of Arizona, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accredited in Business Valuation, AICPA
- Certified in Financial Forensics, AICPA
- Chartered Global Management Accountant, AICPA
Professional Associations and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Appointed Member of CFF Credential Committee (2019 – Current)
- Arizona State Board of Accountancy, Appointed Member of Certification Advisory Committee (2020 – Current)
- Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants, Board of Directors (2016 – 2018)
- Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants, Forensic & Litigation Services Committee (2013 – Current)