BeachFleischman is growing!
We are seeking a proactive and self-motivated Accounting and Assurance Associate to join our Phoenix or Tucson Audit team. Our staff enjoy a challenging work environment that provides employees with opportunities for professional development and offers the opportunity to work on complex client engagements.
BeachFleischman is the largest locally owned accounting, business advisory and financial services firm in southern Arizona. Our team strives to enhance companies’ and individual clients’ financial health by adding value through long-term client relationships and individualized service.
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes employer paid health, dental, and vision; 401(k) and profit sharing; long-term disability and life insurance; wellness reimbursement; busy season meals; massages and other fun social activities.
– Accounting & Auditing – Investment Advisory
– Business Consulting – Tax Planning & Preparation
– Business Valuation – Retirement Planning
Essential Duties and Responsiblities
- Assists in preparation of audit work papers
- Completes analytical review procedures including documentation of expectation, results and conclusions for a simple review, and works with clients (as necessary) to obtain information and communicate review procedures
- Communicates with senior staff regarding assignment status
- Drafts financial statements and notes for a simple compilation or review
- Performs assigned audit procedures for specific accounts and transactions under the supervision of more experienced staff
- Learns and understand the rules, requirements, and code of conduct of the AICPA, and the authoritative literature established by the FASB and GASB
- Obtains a working knowledge of tax and accounting research techniques and the various research sources, and performs research utilizing those techniques
- Provides assistance to senior accounting staff
- Performs other accounting services and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn complex tax software systems
- Ability to use 10-key
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent degree as determined by the management committee, required
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred
- 150 credit hours with 30 upper division accounting credits preferred
- 0 to 3 years experience in public accounting
- CPA-eligible, or has a progressive plan toward passing the CPA exam