BeachFleischman is growing!
We are seeking a proactive and self-motivated Accounting and Assurance Manager to join our Phoenix or Tucson Audit team. Our staff enjoy a challenging work environment that provides employees with opportunities for professional development and offers the opportunity to work on complex client engagements.
BeachFleischman is the largest locally owned accounting, business advisory and financial services firm in southern Arizona. Our team strives to enhance companies’ and individual clients’ financial health by adding value through long-term client relationships and individualized service.
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes employer paid health, dental, and vision; 401(k) and profit sharing; long-term disability and life insurance; wellness reimbursement; busy season meals; massages and other fun social activities.
– Accounting & Auditing – Investment Advisory
– Business Consulting – Tax Planning & Preparation
– Business Valuation – Retirement Planning
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans engagements and manages jobs, limiting excessive billed time by staff
- Reviews workpaper files
- Completes applicable checklists
- Completes analytical review procedures including documentation of expectation, results and conclusions for a complex review
- Evaluates and mentors staff
- Contributes to firm’s mission and acts as a technical resource for others in the firm
- Provides value-added services by seeking out and developing meaningful business advisory comments
- Reviews financial statements
- Reviews and concludes on the validity of analytical review procedures performed by staff
- Identifies issues and situations encountered that warrant management letter comments
- Researches and concludes on complex accounting issues
- Performs other accounting services and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use 10-key
- Ability to creatively apply software to attain engagement efficiencies
- Ability to supervise, teach, mentor and lead others
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient knowledge and awareness of general tax issues that may arise over the course of an engagement
- Proficient knowledge of tax and accounting research techniques and the various research sources
- Proficient in MS Office, CaseWare and FAS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent degree as determined by the management committee, required
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred
- CPA license required
- 6 to 9 years experience in public accounting