BeachFleischman is growing!
We are seeking a proactive and self-motivated Accounting and Assurance Senior to join our Phoenix or Tucson Audit team. Our staff enjoy a challenging work environment that provides employees with opportunities for professional development and offers the opportunity to work on complex client engagements.
BeachFleischman is the largest locally owned accounting, business advisory and financial services firm in southern Arizona. Our team strives to enhance companies’ and individual clients’ financial health by adding value through long-term client relationships and individualized service.
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes employer paid health, dental, and vision; 401(k) and profit sharing; long-term disability and life insurance; wellness reimbursement; busy season meals; massages and other fun social activities.
– Accounting & Auditing – Investment Advisory
– Business Consulting – Tax Planning & Preparation
– Business Valuation – Retirement Planning
Essential Duties and Responsiblities
- Plans engagements and is responsible for bringing projects in at budget (e.g. communicates with senior staff on scheduling issues or delays in completion of a project)
- Assists in preparation of audit work papers
- Completes analytical review procedures including documentation of expectation, results and conclusions for a simple review
- Drafts financial statements and notes for a simple compilation or review
- Performs assigned audit procedures for specific accounts and transactions
- Prepares complex tax accrual for financial statements
- Researches and concludes on accounting issues
- Provides assistance to senior accounting staff
- Performs other accounting services and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use tax and accounting software systems
- Ability to use 10-key
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge and awareness of general tax issues that may arise over the course of an engagement
- Working knowledge of tax and accounting research techniques and the various research sources
- Working knowledge of MS Office, CaseWare and Prosystems Fixed Assets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent degree as determined by the management committee, required
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred
- 150 credit hours with 30 upper division accounting credits preferred
- 2 to 4 years experience in public accounting
- Progressive plan toward passing the CPA exam required