BeachFleischman is growing!
We are seeking a proactive and self-motivated Outsourced Accounting Services Associate to join our Phoenix or Tucson SOAR team. Our staff enjoy a challenging work environment that provides employees with opportunities for professional development and offers the opportunity to work on complex client engagements.
BeachFleischman is the largest locally owned accounting, business advisory and financial services firm in southern Arizona. Our team strives to enhance companies’ and individual clients’ financial health by adding value through long-term client relationships and individualized service.
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes employer paid health, dental, and vision; 401(k) and profit sharing; long-term disability and life insurance; wellness reimbursement; busy season meals; massages and other fun social activities.
– Accounting & Auditing – Investment Advisory
– Business Consulting – Tax Planning & Preparation
– Business Valuation – Retirement Planning
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Enters and maintains client accounting records in QuickBooks or other accounting software
- Reviews general ledgers and prepares appropriate adjusting journal entries
- Researches and corrects account discrepancies
- Prepares sales and payroll tax returns
- Prepares 1099s and W-2s
- Prepares basic financial statements to include income tax basis and management use only reports
- Works with the responsible client biller for final client decision and handling of accounting issues
- Effectively prioritizes backlog and client projects to meet deadlines
- Contributes to firm’s mission of providing excellent client service and acts as a technical resource for others in the firm
- Researches and concludes on simple client accounting issues
- Performs other accounting services and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to teach and motivate others to include staff members and clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of general accounting practices to solve issues that may arise over the course of an engagement
- Knowledge of accounting research techniques and the various research sources
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks to include proficient use of payroll and sales tax modules
- Strong knowledge of general payroll and sales tax reporting requirements
- A High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates degree or higher in Accounting or related field preferred
- 1 to 2 years of related accounting experience