BeachFleischman is growing!
We are seeking a proactive and self-motivated Tax Associate to join our Phoenix or Tucson Tax team. Our staff enjoy a challenging work environment that provides employees with opportunities for professional development and offers the opportunity to work on complex client engagements.
BeachFleischman is the largest locally owned accounting, business advisory and financial services firm in southern Arizona. Our team strives to enhance companies’ and individual clients’ financial health by adding value through long-term client relationships and individualized service.
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes employer paid health, dental, and vision; 401(k) and profit sharing; long-term disability and life insurance; wellness reimbursement; busy season meals; massages and other fun social activities.
– Accounting & Auditing – Investment Advisory
– Business Consulting – Tax Planning & Preparation
– Business Valuation – Retirement Planning
Essential Duties and Responsiblities
- Preparation of basic level corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary and other tax returns
- Learns and understands the rules, requirements, and code of conduct of the AICPA, and the authoritative literature established by the FASB and GASB
- Obtains a working knowledge of tax and accounting research techniques and the various research sources
- Provides assistance to senior accounting staff
- Performs other tax/accounting services and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interest and ability to learn tax compliance requirements
- Ability to learn complex tax software systems
- Must have strong communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to use 10-key
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent degree as determined by the management committee, required
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred
- 150 credit hours with 30 upper division accounting credits preferred
- At least 1 year experience in public accounting preferred
- Progressive plan toward passing the CPA exam required