BeachFleischman is growing!
We are seeking a proactive and self-motivated Tax Associate to join our tax team. Our staff enjoy a challenging work environment that provides employees with opportunities for professional development and offers the opportunity to work on complex client engagements.
BeachFleischman is one of the largest locally owned accounting, business advisory, and financial services firms in southern Arizona. Our team strives to enhance companies’ and individual clients’ financial health by adding value through long-term client relationships and individualized service.
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes employer paid health, dental, and vision; 401(k) and profit sharing; long-term disability and life insurance; wellness reimbursement; busy season meals; massages, and other fun social activities.
- Accounting & Auditing
- Business Consulting
- Business Valuation
- Investment Advisory
- Tax Planning & Preparation
- Retirement Planning
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of basic level corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary, and other tax returns, including researching and analyzing tax issues for clients
- Learns, understands, and applies the rules, requirements, and code of conduct of the AICPA, and the authoritative literature established by the FASB and GASB
- Obtains a working knowledge of tax and accounting research techniques and the various research sources, and performs research utilizing those techniques
- Provides assistance to senior accounting staff
- Performs other tax/accounting services and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to learn complex tax software systems
- Ability to use 10-key
- Must have strong communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent degree as determined by the management committee, required
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred
- 150 credit hours with 30 upper division accounting credits preferred
- 0 to 3 years experience in public accounting
- CPA-eligible, or has a progressive plan toward passing the CPA exam