BeachFleischman is growing!
We are seeking proactive and self-motivated Tax Interns to join our Phoenix or Tucson Tax team. Our Spring and Summer internships are great for Juniors, Seniors, or Graduate students. You will be doing real accounting work, allowing you to develop technical and soft skills. Internships often result in a full-time employment offer!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of basic level corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary and other tax returns, including researching and analyzing tax issues for clients
- Begins to learn, understand, and apply the rules, requirements, and code of conduct of the AICPA, and the authoritative literature established by the FASB and GASB
- Begins to obtain a working knowledge of tax and accounting research techniques and the various research sources, and performs research utilizing those techniques
- Provides assistance to senior accounting staff
- Performs other tax/accounting services and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn complex tax software systems
- Must have strong communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Undergraduate-level accounting student OR graduate-level accounting student
- Must be in good academic standing
- Desire to acquire CPA license
Spring interns typically work a part-time schedule around their school commitments (15-35hrs/week). Summer interns typically work a full-time Monday through Friday schedule (40hrs/week). Exceptions can be accomodated. In busy season, weekend hours are encouraged as the intern’s schedule allows.