Our tax practice is growing!
We are seeking a proactive and self-motivated Tax Manager to join our Cannabis team. Our team of CPAs and advisors understands the intricate landscape of the cannabis industry. From regulation to risk, we help clients navigate change and prepare for the future.
BeachFleischman is the largest locally owned accounting, business advisory, and financial services firm in southern Arizona. Our team strives to enhance companies’ and individual clients’ financial health by adding value through long-term client relationships and individualized service.
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision; 401(k) and profit sharing; long-term disability and life insurance; wellness reimbursement; busy season meals; massages, and other fun social activities.
Cannabis Businesses We Serve
- Ancillary Businesses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes advanced level tax compliance and planning, accounting services, and compilations
- Tax planning under IRC Section 280E
- Reviews the preparation of complex corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary and other tax returns
- Controls multiple engagements and consistently recognizes additional service opportunities for existing clients
- Supervises, mentors, evaluates, trains and acts as a resource to professional staff
- Supervises tax projects such as structuring, planning, projections, and research as appropriate without supervision
- Demonstrates commitment to begin practice development
- Performs other accounting services and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to use and train others on complex tax systems including CCH Axcess, Caseware, and time and billing software
- Ability to supervise, teach, mentor, and lead others
- Proficient in tax and accounting research including knowledge of firm reference resources
- Must have strong communication, organizational, analytical and leadership skills
Education and Experience Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent degree as determined by the management committee, required
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred
- CPA license required
- 6 to 9 years experience in public accounting
- Experience working with and consulting with clients in the cannabis industry