BeachFleischman CPAs is an Arizona-based firm. We can serve clients remotely throughout New Mexico and we're ready to assist you in your international tax needs. The international tax environment is an area of continued scrutiny and
Our expertise allows us to advise on the most efficient way to structure foreign ownership in U.S. assets, to minimize withholding requirements, minimize U.S. income tax, address estate tax issues, and maximize income tax treaty benefits. BeachFleischman also has a bilingual staff.
Inbound and Outbound Activities
Outbound international activities:
- U.S. corporations expanding operations overseas, via a foreign subsidiary or branch.
- U.S. individuals doing business or investing abroad.
- Outbound cross-border transactions; income tax treaty interpretation.
Inbound international activities:
- Foreign corporations coming to the U.S. to expand operations, via U.S. subsidiary or branch to the foreign entity.
- Foreigners coming to the U.S. to invest in U.S. businesses, U.S. real estate, or U.S. securities.
How we help
- Addressing the complexities with the different tax forms that are to be filed when doing business abroad or when certain assets are held abroad.
- Assisting clients with structuring cross-border transactions in the most tax-efficient manner.
- Assist foreigners that come to the U.S. to conduct business or invest in U.S. assets.
New Mexico Exports, Jobs, and Foreign Investment
New Mexico's Top 5 Export Markets
New Mexico Depends on World Markets
Exports from New Mexico helped contribute to the $2.21 trillion of U.S. goods and services exports in 2016.
Jobs supported by New Mexico goods exports
Exports Support Jobs
14,958 U.S. jobs were supported by goods exports from New Mexico in 2016. 93% of these jobs were supported by manufactured goods exports.
New Mexico Employment in Foreign-Owned
Foreign Investment & Jobs in New Mexico
In 2015, foreign-owned companies employed 20,200 New Mexico workers.
Source: Office of Trade and Economic Analysis, International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce.
Our International Tax Services
International Tax Structuring
We team up with foreign attorneys and accountants to come up with the best possible structure considering tax issues in both countries.
Mexico/U.S. Cross-Border Tax
We represent many Mexican families doing business in the U.S., many which include family members that are dual citizens of the U.S. and Mexico, that are obligated to fully comply with tax obligations that apply to residents of both countries.
Now that there is certainty as to the preferential taxation of qualified dividends, IC-DISC continues to be a great incentive for U.S. companies with significant export activity.
Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC)
A foreign corporation will fall under the Passive Foreign Investment Company rules if it meets either the Income test or the Asset Test. Due to these definitions, almost every foreign mutual fund will meet these requirements and will fall under the Passive Foreign Investment Company regime. When opening foreign securities accounts, it's important to know what type of investments will be made and whether they may be considered PFICs.
Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR)
This is an area that can be fairly complex if U.S. taxpayers have financial accounts in foreign countries that are not the typical bank accounts. These requirements also extend to majority owners of U.S. entities that have signature authority or ownership of foreign accounts.
Foreign Interest in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA)
We have extensive knowledge in navigating the requirements FIRPTA. Our international tax team has helped foreign investors with countless transactions subject to FIRPTA for sales of real estate both in New Mexico and nationally.
Voluntary Disclosure Initiative
We assist U.S. citizens that have not been in full compliance with reporting offshore activity and have experience in getting them through the VDI program.
Who are we?
BeachFleischman serves private enterprises, not-for-profit organizations, and entrepreneurs worldwide and provides a wide range of accounting assurance, tax and advisory services:
- Serving over 7,100 clients in the U.S., Mexico, and Canada
- One of Arizona's largest locally-owned public accounting firms
- A Top 200 Largest Public Accounting Firm in the United States
- Offices located in both Phoenix and Tucson
- Member of the Leading Edge Alliance - an international professional association of over one hundred independently-owned accounting and consulting firms.
Special Report: Download
Serving Clients Remotely
Through our cloud-based technology, BeachFleischman serves clients throughout the United States and internationally. Our ShareFile client portal allows for secure file transfer and collaboration. With Microsoft Teams, we have video conferencing and desktop sharing capabilities. We offer QuickBooks Online for clients who want a convenient remote access option. We also use SafeSend and TaxCaddy, which are electronic systems that automates the assembly, delivery, tracking, and receipt of tax returns.
Contact our International Tax Team
BeachFleischman CPAs is an Arizona-based firm providing international tax services remotely to individuals and businesses in Albuquerque and Las Cruces, New Mexico (NM) and throughout the United States. If you are interested in learning more about how BeachFleischman's tax professionals can assist you, please fill out the submission form below and you will receive a prompt response.