BeachFleischman CPAs is an Arizona-based firm. We can serve clients remotely throughout Ohio and we're ready to assist you in your international tax needs. The international tax environment is an area of continued scrutiny and
Inbound and Outbound Activities
Outbound international activities:
How we help
- Addressing the complexities with the different tax forms that are to be filed when doing business abroad or when certain assets are held abroad.
- Assisting clients with structuring cross-border transactions in the most tax-efficient manner.
- Assist foreigners that come to the U.S. to conduct business or invest in U.S. assets.
- U.S. corporations expanding operations overseas, via a foreign subsidiary or branch.
- U.S. individuals doing business or investing abroad
- Outbound cross-border transactions; income tax treaty interpretation.
Inbound international activities:
- Foreign corporations coming to the U.S. to expand operations, via U.S. subsidiary or branch to the foreign entity.
- Foreigners coming to the U.S. to invest in U.S. businesses, U.S. real estate, or U.S. securities.
Ohio Exports and Jobs
Ohio's Top 5 Export Markets
Ohio Goods Exports to the World
Ohio's Top Goods Export Sectors
Ohio had 13,143 exporting companies in 2016. 11,713 of those companies were small & medium sized (SME) exporters. SME companies made up 22% of total exports. 248,978 jobs were supported by goods exports in 2016. Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN was the largest exporting Ohio metropolitan area with 27 billion in exports.
Exports from Ohio Metropolitan Areas in 2018
|Metro Area||2018 Goods Export Value|
|Jobs Supported by Goods Exports in 2016||28,002|
|Jobs Supported by FDI in 2017||12,800|
Source: Office of Trade and Economic Analysis, International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce.
Our International Tax Services
International Tax Structuring
We team up with foreign attorneys and accountants to come up with the best possible structure considering tax issues in both countries. In Mexico, we have an extensive network of legal and accounting contacts in different parts of the country with different areas of expertise, aside from LEA.
Mexico/U.S. Cross-Border Tax
We work with many U.S. companies and individuals that do business overseas, primarily Mexico and other Latin American countries. We team up with advisors in the foreign countries to provide the best possible support. We represent many Mexican families doing business in the U.S., many which include family members that are dual citizens of the U.S. and Mexico, that are obligated to fully comply with tax obligations that apply to residents of both countries.
Now that there is certainty as to the preferential taxation of qualified dividends, IC-DISC continues to be a great incentive for U.S. companies with significant export activity.
Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC)
A foreign corporation will fall under the Passive Foreign Investment Company rules if it meets either the Income test or the Asset Test. Due to these definitions, almost every foreign mutual fund will meet these requirements and will fall under the Passive Foreign Investment Company regime. When opening foreign securities accounts, it's important to know what type of investments will be made and whether they may be considered PFICs.
Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR)
This is an area that can be fairly complex if U.S. taxpayers have financial accounts in foreign countries that are not the typical bank accounts. These requirements also extend to majority owners of U.S. entities that have signature authority or ownership of foreign accounts.
Foreign Interest in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA)
We have extensive knowledge in navigating the requirements FIRPTA. Our international tax team has helped foreign investors with countless transactions subject to FIRPTA for sales of real estate both in Nevada and nationally.
Voluntary Disclosure Initiative
We assist U.S. citizens that have not been in full compliance with reporting offshore activity and have experience in getting them through the VDI program.
Who are we?
BeachFleischman serves private enterprises, not-for-profit organizations, and entrepreneurs worldwide and provides a wide range of accounting assurance, tax and advisory services:
- Serving over 7,100 clients in the U.S., Mexico, and Canada
- One of Arizona's largest locally-owned public accounting firms
- A Top 200 Largest Public Accounting Firm in the United States
- Offices located in both Phoenix and Tucson
- Member of the Leading Edge Alliance - an international professional association of over one hundred independently-owned accounting and consulting firms.
- Special Report: Trump - Tax Cuts and Jobs Act 2018 (560 downloads)
Serving Clients Remotely
Through our cloud-based technology, BeachFleischman serves clients throughout the United States and internationally. Our ShareFile client portal allows for secure file transfer and collaboration. With Skype for Business, we have video conferencing and desktop sharing capabilities. We offer QuickBooks Online for clients who want a convenient remote access option. We also use SafeSend, which is an electronic system that automates the assembly, delivery, tracking, and receipt of tax returns.
Contact our International Tax Team
BeachFleischman CPAs is an Arizona-based firm providing international tax services remotely to individuals and businesses in Columbus and Cleveland, (OH) and throughout the United States. If you are interested in learning more about how BeachFleischman's tax professionals can assist you, please fill out the submission form below and you will receive a prompt response.