On their wedding day, no one thinks their relationship will end in divorce. Yet nearly half do. When a marriage ends, reaching a mutually agreed-upon asset distribution can be challenging, particularly for couples that own a business or have a high net worth. Divorce settlements significantly impact both parties, so it is important to have a financial expert at your side who can uncover hidden assets, provide accurate business valuations, explain tax implications, and protect your best interests.
Do you know the true value of your joint financial holdings? Are you concerned that your spouse will try to hide assets or underreport income? Are you worried that the amount of alimony or child support recommended is unfair?
For more than 30 years, BeachFleischman has specialized in mediating highly contested divorce cases. Partnering with attorneys, we provide the financial expertise and advice needed to fairly appraise and distribute marital assets. Our goal is to resolve these complex financial issues outside of the courtroom, but we have also provided expert witness testimony in hundreds of cases before Arizona Superior Courts. We understand much is at stake and bring equal parts tenacity, practicality, and compassion to every engagement.
Services we offer
- Business valuation
- Community waste claims analysis
- Court-appointed federally authorized tax practitioner
- Expert witness testimony
- Identify hidden assets and unreported income
- Income determination for purposes of spousal and child support
- Marital asset identification and quantification
- Marital community property and sole and separate property tracing and apportionment
- Marital standard of living analysis
- Negotiations, mediation, and arbitration
- Post separation accounting
- Retirement plan asset valuation and apportionment of marital community and sole and separate property interests
- Stock options – valuation and apportionment
- Tax analyses and planning